The Coleman 6 Person Instant Tent
This Tent is sometimes referred to as the Coleman Instant Tent 6 and is a smaller version of the Coleman Instant Tent 8.
Very similar to the Coleman Instant Tent 14×10, in design, differing mainly in the size of the tent, smaller windows, and being one room instead of two. It is almost a square floor space, being 10×9 ft that fits 2 large queen size air mattresses.
The Coleman Instant Tent range all come with the Coleman’s WeatherTEcTM System, which includes the following:
- Weather-resistant Fabric: The fabric consists of a coated polyester made with an anti-wicking thread.
- Zipper Protection: The zippers are covered by a cuff that adds extra protection from bad weather.
- Seam Protection: The seams also have been made more weather proof, by having the needle holes inside the tent, removing them from contact with the weather. This is an inverted floor seam is designed with keeping you dry in mind.
- Set up and take down in less than 1 minute on average, with a unique collapsible external pole design.
- Easy to use Velco frame attachments and leak-free seams which are taped for added protection
- Wind Strong Frame: Designed to be stronger in windy conditions
All Coleman products have a limited warranty against any defects in the material or workmanship.
- The quick setup and take down, even when it was the first time, even with staking it out, it could be done in around 5 minutes.
- Great stand up room, and floor space
- No leaks even in bad storms and testing with hoses
- Easy camping for Seniors
- Sturdy construction and well made
- Fits well back into the bag (just make sure you get out the air)
- A Bathtub bottom to help keep you dry
What customers didn’t like about the Coleman 6 Person Instant Tent.
- Wished they had bought the bigger tent, even though this was roomy
- Would like more stash pockets inside the tent
- Could use some more vents in the roof
- Some people experienced seam leakage (yet most people didn’t)
- Needs a better door system, it has two zippers which leaves a very small gap where they meet
- Some found it bulky and heavy (others commented on it being easy to manage and carry)
Overall this is another great tent in the Coleman Instant Tent range and while it also comes in a 4 person size, I think for most people they would benefit from the extra space with the 6 or 8 person.
I am very happy to recommend the Coleman 6 Person Instant Tent, but I would personally buy the 8 person version, mainly because I just love the extra space.